The Swedish people have been the creators of a lot of useful objects for the past years: Greta Garbo, Alfred Nobel, and Ingrid Berman, the minds behind the dynamite, and the group ABBA, a world pop sensation. Aside from that, Sweden is also the home of Aimpoint, which made the Aimpoint Micro H1 red dot sight.
Aimpoint released a new packaging under the name Aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic (PRO). It was released in 2011 and was exclusive only to law enforcers. Civilians were able to get their hands on this equipment by 2012. Aimpoint Pro was based on the design of Comp M3. Here are a few differences between the Aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic and the Comp M3:
- Aimpoint Pro has a battery that could last for three years
- Lens covers that can be flipped up are included in Aimpoint Pro
- Amount of QRP2 is better in Aimpoint Pro
- There is a sticker on the interior of the lens cap for the replacement of the battery and dates to serve as reminders of in-service.
A lot of people are wondering if Aimpoint Pro is indeed the best red dot sight available in the market today. Here are some key points and features of the Aimpoint Pro that could help you in making your judgment:
- One 3V Lithium battery could last 30,000 hours when used nonstop. Thirty thousand hours is equivalent to three years of use.
- Aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic features a red dot with two minutes of angle. This means that you can adjust the intensity by turning the knob from the rear lens to a 2 o’clock position.
- The knobs of Aimpoint Pro have deep grooves which are designed for easy hold regardless if you’re wearing gloves or not. It allows you to adjust the level of the dot intensity by ten without having to obstruct the lens, or even if you have to use your weaker hand.
- The Aimpoint Pro‘s QRP2 system does two things: placing the optic at a height where the optic window’s bottom third lines up with the iron sights when placed on an AR platform, and enabling the user to mount the optic with a big knob that you can snap.
- Extra protection is provided by the fact that the rear and front lenses are set inside the optic body.
- Aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic is designed to be compatible to all night vision gadgets from the earliest to the most current generation.
- Aimpoint created Aimpoint Pro detail by detail.
- Aimpoint Pro is not sensitive to any position and is free of parallax. You can adjust it until your eyes or head are comfortable.
- Aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic is made with a rear lens cap that is semi-transparent which means that the red dot can still be seen even if you do not put the rear cap away.
- You can easily hit a target even if the front cap is closed when shooting at a 25 to 50 yard range.
The Aimpoint Pro is an excellent product that was created by Aimpoint. Get it and try it to see for yourself if it is indeed the best red dot sight.